Furniture Fair has been a member of the Better Business Bureau since 1992 and is a member of their Leadership Circle Program. Furniture Fair is the 2010 Torch Award winner for workplace ethics and integrity. We were a finalist in 2006 and an Honoree for 2007 and 2009 for this award. The Torch Award honors companies who exemplify integrity and ethical practices in their business.
Greater Cincinnati Torch Awards
The Torch Award recognizes those businesses that have made a commitment to and exemplify ethics and integrity in the marketplace. The Torch Awards have been presented annually at the national and international level since 1996. In 2001, the Cincinnati Better Business Bureau instituted the Torch Award program at our local level to recognize businesses in its 20-county service area.
Since then, more than 950 businesses have been nominated and over 100 nonprofit organizations have been invited to apply for the Torch. Large and small, public and private, these organizations demonstrate what is good about businesses, and our business leaders, in our community.
Businesses are nominated from the community and nonprofit organizations that have met all the Standards for Charitable Accountability are invited to apply. Judging is done by an independent, blue-ribbon panel of community leaders and professionals.
Torch Award Judging Criteria
- High ethical standards of behavior toward customers, suppliers, shareholders, employees, and communities in which they do business;
- Demonstrated ethical practices surrounding their buyer/seller relationships;
- Longstanding history/reputation of ethical practices in the marketplace;
- Marketing, advertising, communications, and sales practices which reflect a true representation of what is being offered in the marketplace;
- Acknowledgement of ethical marketplace practices by industry peers and in the communities where they do business;
- Management practices and policies that give long term value to shareholders, customers, employees, vendors, and surrounding communities;
- Training programs that assist employees in carrying our established ethics policies.